Global managed services company is looking for a Network Security Architect.
The role will work as part of a team of 15 servicing a number of healthcare customers. responsible for providing technical expertise and strategic advice, providing pre-sales support, and coordinating and delivering customer needs with particular focus on Network and Cyber Security technologies.
Due to increased Cyber demand from their customer base, over the last 12 months the team has been approached more and more to help implement SIEM, Detection and Response, Endpoint and Vulnerability Management tools.
Some of the key tasks would be
- Provide thought leadership and technical authority in Network and Security technology domain through understanding of the relevant products, services, and solution roadmaps across multiple product vendors
- Develop and maintain knowledge of infrastructure solutions and their specific requirements for architecture, design, standards compliance, implementation, and operations.
- Develop and be accountable for: proposals and statements of work and competitive costing,
- Develop technology roadmaps and future-state architectures aligned to clients’ business strategy.
- Develop and document migration and implementation plans.
- Assist in delivery of services
Currently, you will be putting together high level architecture & solutions. Coming from a Networking background, you will understand the main firewall vendors and what separates them, but you will have moved more and more into Cyber products. You may of helped someone select a new SIEM or upgrade their current one, or you may have helped evaluate and select an Endpoint tool. It could be a GRC tool. It really doesn't matter, but you want to continue making companies more secure. You don't need to be down in the detail configuring these tools, but you understand their functionality and can work with different customers to advise them on what tools these should select.