About the business:
As an engineering led business, they invest in tech. They invest in what they use day-to-day and they invest in their people. They are revolutionising their field of technology and what they do. They have 3 international offices: HQ in Sydney, India , US and China. They stand at 80 people in the business and have just raised circa $17 million in funding to continue their growth.
They are at a stage of growth, which means there are opportunities to step up, as well as take responsibility where it counts. You will be continuously working on new products, while learning from some of the best in the industry. You'll be given freedom, but ample support when you need it. They have a supportive and inclusive workplace culture that values all employees and embraces unique perspectives. They understand work isn't everything, and they curate various social activities to spend time together as a team.
Located in Surry Hills, the office is easily accessible and close to constant public transport. They also offer flexibility with start times and WFH.
You're an experienced Unix Systems Administrator looking for an exciting new challenge. You have the knowledge and experience to enable you to build, maintain & perfect an on-demand, high performance Linux compute farm on AWS EC2.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of IT, this unique role will see you working with infrastructure that is 100% in the cloud, High Performance Computing technologies and DevOps automation.
- Building, maintaining and perfecting the AWS cloud infrastructure
- Maintenance and monitoring of RHEL / Centos / Ubuntu cloud servers
- Installation, configuration and automation of Ubuntu lab equipment
- Installation of third party EDA software on cloud infrastructure
- General IT infrastructure support
- Cyber Security reviews & implementation of intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Ad-hoc Linux / Windows / Mac support for users
- Devops and participation in sprint-based project work as required.
What experience do you need?
- AWS EC2 expertise
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Centos guru
- Deep understanding of network infrastructure & security
- IT infrastructure know-how (eg Meraki firewalls & switches, Unifi WiFi APs or similar)
- Scripting experience with Bash & Python
- Experience with setting up and maintaining AWS storage technologies
- Experience with NIS binding
- Working knowledge of git
Want to find out more? Apply now, or get in touch with Rebecca at The Onset on firstname.lastname@example.org