Righto, I have a Senior Devops opportunity with a new (2 years old) start up in Surry Hills. The company has 20 people in total and 5 Software Engineers; they are looking for their first Devops Engineer/Advocate.
The current Engineering team is a collection of very impressive software engineers (from equally impressive companies) and the product they are building is a platform that helps save their life's. Really! Imagine talking about how cool and fulfilling your role is during Christmas dinner this year.
As the first role of its kind, it's more than just a job, the founder and the VP of Engineering want someone that will foster a culture of Devops across the whole engineering team (and the greater business) as the company grows. They want to build a shared ownership of infrastructure philosophy rather than a siloed "throw it over the wall"-mentality. They need a strong experienced engineer to advocate for best practice and keep the current (and future) team of engineers honest. They already have robust CI/CD with automated tests, branch protections, single-click pushes to production, blue-green deployments, etc; however they are rapidly growing the team and need a new tier of excellence in how they manage their infrastructure. Qualifications & Experiences to include:
- AWS IaaS; including EC2, S3, Redshift, Postgres/RDS, Route 53,
- CloudFront, Lambda, VPCs, Firehose, IAM etc.
- A strong focus on security, to help safeguard our users sensitive medical data
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code, eg CloudFormation, Terraform Docker, Docker Compose
- Good general Linux/POSIX knowledge
- Scripting in Python and Bash,JS (for lambdas) and Java/Kotlin as a bonus
- Expanding and implementing infrastructure as a code
- Setting a direction on logging, monitoring and alerting
- Helping us go multi-region
- Documenting processes, architecture and configuration
If you are keen to work with great people and build and own the devops philosophy in a growing startup, I'd love to hear from you. Sean / 0407932548